Forum

Managing Personal D...

Notifications
Clear all

Managing Personal Data In The Digital Age

rima555
(@rima555)

Despite having immensely effective computers on our desks, most people nevertheless do not - or can not organised our personal facts successfully.

Perhaps this remark wishes some explanation. How approximately an example? Today I referred to as up for a quote for motor insurance and, like all of them do, there had been one million questions, like

"Have you ever made a declare to your insurance?" - Well sure, I become hit with the aid of an uninsured driving force, must had been oh, over 10 years ago now.

"Have you any penalty factors on your licence?" - Well, maybe. I did get a rushing penalty, when become it - five buy email database years ago? I think it's in all likelihood spent now, however ...How can it be that I turned into sitting in front of my PC and yet not have software program in location that could solution those questions at once for me?

Sure, all of us recognize that someplace, we've a chunk of paper that need to provide us the answer, but how often is that the office work tough to discover or even missing?

So how have to we cross approximately storing valuable records?

Well, the simple answer is - there's no easy answer. It also relies upon on what sort of facts you need to shop. We can don't forget "facts" to be of numerous sorts and no doubt you can upload to the list.

Firstly, there may be amusement, song, movies and so forth. This form of facts is well catered for in the software program global and no longer virtually the focus of this dialogue.

Secondly, there may be what might be termed "static" records. It isn't always ongoing but a piece of pretty constant facts that may be changed now and again. Some examples of this form of records may be recipes, your cope with or financial institution info and many others. Data of this type may be definitely properly organised the use of text files or phrase processor files inside the filing system on your PC. It isn't an highbrow project to have a folder known as "Recipes" which may additionally contain some other folder called "Beef recipes" which might also in turn incorporate named recipe files.

Sure, you may want to make a exchange every now and then if you discover an development to the recipe but the records is largely static. Even so, if you want, you should purchase software to cope with this sort of facts, for example, Microsoft's One Note.

Of greater importance to the majority is the control of what may be termed "dynamic" data - ongoing chains of activities which can be connected and observe a logical sample. Again, an example is possibly the nice way ahead.

A couple of years in the past, I became in ordinary each day contact with round a dozen organisations. In some instances there might be a unmarried point of contact, and in different cases there might be many. All concerned updates and changes to ongoing accounts and there would be common letters, calls, emails and faxes being exchanged.

Attempting to organised the facts the use of textual content documents proved to be a nightmare. The number and length of the precis documents soon have become unmanageable. If I knew that I had sent a document to a positive person, I could have to search the whole collection of statistics to get the information.

If you reflect inconsideration on it, a massive a part of our lives revolve round events - matters we do or take part in and matters that take place to us. Yet, you probably have no software for your PC that is designed to help us with recording this sort of records.

When, as an example, I am arguing via phone with someone from a agency that is always failing to serve me, I do now not want to should preserve relating to a pile of letters and hand written notes in my submitting cupboard. I need so one can get the records in real time whilst I talk.

What did I do about it?

Well, having searched for some software program that would do what I desired, I observed that I could not locate any. Luckily, I became in a role to commit a few spare time here and there and determined to write some software program myself. Anyone who has the skills and knows exactly what they require can do that in some weeks.

Topic starter Posted : 15/07/2021 6:51 pm
Topic Tags
Nilesh Dubey
(@nilesh-dubey)

Hi, Thanks for starting this topic. 

i want to drag your attention that fast job search  is India's largest government jobs portal. you can find Bihar pcs exam date, rcdf recruitment, Kolkata police recruitment.

Nilesh Dubey
Admin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2021 4:03 pm
Nilesh Dubey
(@nilesh-dubey)

Hi, Thanks for starting this topic. 

i want to drag your attention that fast job search  is India's largest government jobs portal. you can find Bihar pcs exam date, rcdf recruitment, Kolkata police recruitment.

Nilesh Dubey
Admin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2021 4:20 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

%d bloggers like this: